M and N's 4* Hotel Adventure


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia
February 3rd 2010
Published: February 4th 2010
Edit Blog Post

The adventure began here....N had no idea where she was going just to be at the airport at 5.15am....information was fed to her as the trip went by. Today we began with a flight to the Gold Coast where we have an overnight stop before we depart to destination two of the trip.

So we arrive in the Gold Coast and have a freshen up and change as its soooo hot...and then we head to the shopping centre up the road here we proceed to spend about six hours where N shops up a storm. So much stuff it is only just going to fit into her suitcase....hmmmm so I let her know that she will be stopping here overnight on her way back so she can leave the stuff she has brought here and pick them up on her way through. We went out to dinner to the Casino which was great except N and I were like zombies we were so tired...N actually fell asleep in the car on the way home.

SO the next morning before we depart for the airport N gets a letter telling her we are on our way to Malaysia...this is her first time to Asia which is going to be soooo much fun. We head to Kl for over night and did a little exploring in the evening. Early the next morning we head to Penang....this was going to be our island getaway until we found that the island is possessed by a big city...and massive shopping malls.

We checked into the hotel....wonderful staff, great room and an amazing foyer and stunning chandelier!

We explored the city and shopping malls and during the exploration we got to have a fish foot spa which was awesome....we went to Kenko as they are the original company to do the fish foot spas....the fish appear to like me more than N hehe....we tried all three sizes available as we wanted to try all the big fish are pretty large and they feel like they are nipping at you hehe really funny sensation!

We also had time to explore some temples it was a shame that Penang hill's transport wasn't working however we went to the temple at the base that housed the statue of Guan Yin....this place is amazing I was totally awe stuck I couldn't even put it into words and I don't think anything could ever explain this place....you have to see it and be there to have the feeling it gives you. N feel in love with Guan Yin she is stunning they have been trying to fix this statue as the original started to deteriorate I would love to see it in 10 years time once it is complete. On our way home we missed our stop on the bus and ended up down at the wharf (lucky for us) as a storm began and tropical storms are fullon everything was flooded within 10 mins if we had got off at our stop we would have been totally stuck in the storm for sure!

We also got to see the temple in the city and the reclining Buddha this was pretty amazing as well but no comparison to the other temple for me. Today N is pretty sick and by the time we make it to the airport to catch our flight to Kuala Lumpur she vomitting....she has a sleep and is feeling a little better but for the rest of the trip she doesn't recover completely 😞 (doc's have since said its probably a travel virus)

Anyway so we head to KL and get to our amazing foyer and love the entrance....the pool is and infinity pool with a view of the petrona's towers wow! Our room is lovely and breakfast is legendary mmmmm buffet rocks!!

In KL we watch a show of Chinese Drummers and there martial arts (chinese new year is coming)Decorations are everywhere in Penang and Kuala Lumpur, lanterns, pink cherry blossoms soooo pretty.
N shops for some toys and we got a hair cut each 😊 Had an amazing Balinese Spa, massage and body scrub (thanks Shannen for organising the vouchers) Oh and N has to send back 7kg of stuff to fit everything she has brought into her bag and not be overweight.

I went to the airport with N and we said our goodbyes and cried a little and said that was it time to go before the tears got any worse hehe (we are girls you know hehe)

I went back to my hotel had a shower and checked out and missioned it to the next place where I would stay by myself for a few nights before Mike arrived....I had the biggest bed ever....hotel was nice a little noisy but a great location I went shopping for some shoes and brought a top and thats my limit hehe
Went on a big mission to chinatown and through where all the old buildings are which I got to see some marching boys showing there talent....awesome. I watched a chinese gymnastic show which was awesome no wonder they are always up there in the medals for Gym! I also went and explored Alor food street and ate there we will be going back such good food....mmmm satay, fried rice for $4 happy days.

The next morning I got up and went to the shops had waffles freshly made and then checked out my hotel and went to meet Mike at the airport...

Next Blog soon M & M in borneo....we arrived today so in about a week we will hopefully have a new update for you😊
I will upload photos when I can get this website to do so silly thing hehe...thanks for reading.
xx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.049s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb