Malaysia And Singapore


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia
February 28th 2009
Published: March 30th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Malaysia

Flew from Bangkok to KL which is quite a short flight but it was recommended to fly rather than crossing the Thai/Malay border overland due to unrest and threats of terrorism. In the end I met a number of people that had travelled that way without a problem.

I had originally planned on staying in KL for New Year but found that the options in the city were quite limited and expensive. So meeting up with someone from a previous tour decided to go to the Island of Lankawi. Although not a touch on some of the Thai islands it was a good place to be for a few days. New Years eve was spent touring around the island on mopeds, taking a cable car to one of the highest view points on the island and then sheltering from the heat in one of the many waterfalls and pools. Despite getting slightly lost and caught in a rain storm made it back for an evening at a restaurant followed by New Year on the beach.

I just had a couple of weeks in Malaysia and due to the monsoon had to keep to the Eastern side.

Toured around George Town, Cameron Highlands, Melaka and finally going to Johor Bahru


Singapore

Singapore is where East meets West and is possibly the cleanest and most well organised cities in the world or so it seemed after the recent destinations. It does have many rules and regulations which some people find over-welming but it does make Singapore one of the safest cities in the world. I went to take a picture of two police officers covering up abit of graffitti recently put on the parliament they became quite aggitated when I didn't move on and continued to photograph it. I only spent a couple of days in Singapore and half a day was spent trying to find some reasonably priced accommodation.




Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.139s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0481s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb