Taman Negara


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia
June 27th 2008
Published: July 11th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Taman Negara is a massive national park (4343 sq km) which is 130 million years old. We stayed at Kampung Kuala Tahan. This area is a massive jungle and we went trekking through it for a few days and worked hard!!
We poshed it for our accommodation and got a really nice chalet and glad we did as there were all kinds of creatures about at night.
Dave (crocodile) you would have loved it...Rich learn t how to make fire from bamboo and shoot a blowpipe with the nomadic Batek tribe. We took a boat then a trek to find them, greeted the chief where we had to learn to say hello and goodbye so as not to offend them. We then hung around with them for a while until the storm passed, Jungle storms were wild..they made us drinks in return for ciggies and gave us shelter.
A few hard treks later we were ready to go and relax on a beach, 5km is a lot easier when you go early in the morning before the mist rises.....The ants were as big as cheesy wotsits,a snake nearly took us out on the journey into the jungle 6ft winding in the road,big horned beetles that fly,small red deer,monkeys,flying spiders and a few domestic cats in the village.
Looking forward to the tropical island to relax....


Additional photos below
Photos: 50, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0432s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb