Published: May 22nd 2008May 18th 2008 A few Tit-bits I've learnt over the last month or so of travelling through Malaysia:
: Bako National Park Reserve
• No-one stops at red lights
• Some people in Malaysia wash their babies in beer to protect them from diseases
• Everything here is surprisingly expensive in comparison with the rest of Asia
• Kuching means Cat in Malaysia because of the fruit grown here, literally translated called the cat's eye.
• The citizens of Malaysia are very friendly. People will stop on their moped in the middle of the street just to say hello, even if they've never met you before.
• Although the majority of asians are buddhists, here they are mainly catholic and muslim.
• Bilbords are painted, not postered.
• Trees grow on top of other trees.
• Sabah, a Malaysian state on the island of Borneo, is also called 'land below the wind'
• Helmets are more of a fashion statement, when people ride bikes, they don't wear them, they carry them under the arm - rather like paris hilton carries her dog.
• Mopeds drive on the pavement and they have right of way.
There are more photos below