Malaysia


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia
July 6th 2008
Published: August 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Peace concert, Kuala LumpurPeace concert, Kuala LumpurPeace concert, Kuala Lumpur

Protest against Iraq war
KUALA LUMPUR;

We attended a concert in the commonwealth stadium in protest of the threat of war in Iraq. Chak, a correspondent, Dave, another traveler and myself reached a packed arena. Local musicians and celebrities providing the entertainment. A slogan 'Malaysians for peace' was everywhere. As we clicked our cameras, People in our vicinity pushed their way into the photo shoot. Muslim women dressed in jeans, sweater and a head scarf of their chosen colour. Fashion is conservative, respectful but trendy..............







KUALA LUMPUR;
JL Sultan Ismail, JL Petaling, JL Bukit Bangtang, the streets in the Golden Triangle district. Bars, restaurants and nite-clubs. Pop, rock, house, hip-hop, reggae, DJ's and live bands, this was the happening strip. Determined for a varied sample of the clubs. To avoid paying at every venue, we introduced ourselves as traveling journalists from Europe eager to taste the K.L. nightlife Dave producing identification associated with a local weekly where he worked part-time. The doormen always accommodating. At two clubs the Emporium and the Warp drink charges were waived. Fat chance of receiving this type of hospitality back in my hometown. The locals were out to enjoy themselves but I sensed a touch of conservatism and shyness.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 40; dbt: 0.0431s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb