Kuala Lumpur


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Wilayah Persekutuan » Kuala Lumpur
April 23rd 2014
Published: May 17th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Kuala Lumpur is possibly the most western feeling city we have arrived into, not that Carly saw though bring fast asleep on the bus again. Huge skyscrapers dot the skyline, a metro system that connects the whole city and lots of shops you would recongnise at home, even a Nando's. When we actually got off the bus to walk to the hostel though we were definitely still in Asia with lots of street food, lots of market stalls and the humidity causing instant sweat. Kuala Lumpur started making up for a disappointing start to Malaysia. The food was much better and it really was a nice city. We started exploring by heading to the Batu Caves, getting our first taste of the metro system that would take us straight there. It was so much easier and much cheaper than we thought and heading there in the morning meant we missed all the tourist crowd. There were plenty of steps to walk up to the cave and plenty of monkeys too! All trying to get food and water from visitors, we saw one monkey just sitting on a step eating crisps.

After climbing all the steps and keeping our possessions safe from monkey thieves we reached the Hindu shrines inside the caves at the top, they were OK and not much there but it was good fun going to watch the monkeys and seeing them steal food and flowers

The next day we visited the Pentronas twin towers and got to walk across the skybridge and go up to the 86th floor observation deck for some amazing views of the city. We were happy we booked this a couple of days before because it sells out really quickly like the Burj Khalifa in Dubai which we didn't get a chance to go up because it was sold out. There is a huge mall complex at the bottom of the towers and linked to another across the road where we found a fantastic curry served on a banana leaf, the food was definitely better here than Penang.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.139s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0719s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb