I <3 Singapore Airlines


Advertisement
Malaysia&#039;s flag
Asia » Malaysia » Wilayah Persekutuan » Kuala Lumpur
October 23rd 2009
Published: October 23rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Menara TowerMenara TowerMenara Tower

Quickest Way Down
Right, now we've got the internet working a quick update.

The A380 is fabulous and I only ever want to fly on Singapore Airlines. Huge seats, fantastic service and brilliant entertainment system. We did however nearly miss our flight to KL and got the golf cart treatment over to our connecting flight, shame the luggage didn't make it.

We arrive at KL, no luggage but we know it's coming. Our taxi pick up isn't here. We enquire but are told that it's not coming to pick us up, we can get a taxi though, it's over 100km and will cost 250 malaysian ringits, that's about £45. We decide to get the rapid train and then the monorail. Two hours and lost of sweating later we arrive at our hotel. The concierge informs me that he told the guy at the airport to offer us a taxi for 70 not 250, I guess that's Malaysian inflation!

There's no apology from the concierge, but they're giving us a free transfer back to the airport and I'll argue the toss when it comes to paying the bill.

The room is big and has a lovely view of the Petronas towers.
Petronas TowersPetronas TowersPetronas Towers

View from our room
We went there this morning to get tickets for the viewing deck but they'd all gone by 9.30. Early doors tomorrow in the hope that we might get some.

Went to the Menara tower today. It's the 4th tallest (421 m) telecom tower in the world and insane people are base jumping from it! We're just here for the view, but get asked several times if we want to jump. We politely decline, jumping is for Greg and Australians. We take lots of photos, it's slightly disturbing when peoople keep falling past the windows and then opening their 'chutes. After we try out the F1 experience. Squished into the front of what looks like a F1 car and then drive round a course on a compter monitor. Kev manages to make it to the finish, I just drive like normal, no brake just take your foot off the accelerator when you want to slow down and take out half a dozen cars in the process, fun!

We leave and take the short walk back to our hotel via a small street market, lots of tasty looking food but we decide to venture to Little India. It's a maze
Petronas Towers 2Petronas Towers 2Petronas Towers 2

from Menara Tower
of textile and sari shops, lots of street side shwarma but no indian food stalls. We venture into a shopping mall and try out the local chicken and rice. I think we were the only westerners in there but it was fun.

We make it back to the hotel for a siesta and then head out to KLCC for dinner, this time at an indian restaurant. Fab food and a quick trip around the mall at Petronas and we're done for the night.

Forest in the city tomorrow and hopefully the Petronas skybridge!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0792s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb