Kuala Lumpur


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Wilayah Persekutuan » Kuala Lumpur
March 14th 2008
Published: March 14th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Arrived in KL on Tuesday and it was very humid and hot!! Made our way to our lovely hostel - well ok maybe lovely is a slight exaggeration but at least its clean and in a good location !!

First stop was to go exploring the malls. Luke was in search of a camera and there must be thousands of camera shops in all of the malls over here - you end up totally boggle - eyed from them all. First impressions of KL was that it was a cool city and now 4 days in we have fallen in love with the city. It is completely different to Bangkok - clean, no smog, easy to navigate and not sleezy !

Wednesday morning it was up early to get to the Petronas Towers - entry is free but there are only 1400 tickets a day so you have to be there by 830am to get in the queue! Although an early start it was worth it!! You only get 10 mins on the skybridge but it is so worth it - the views are amazing. With all the other of hundreds of skyscrapers and the Petronas Towers Luke was very happy and took lots of photos - we could do a whole skyscraper blog!

Underneath the Towers is a fantastic mall which houses most of the designer outlets - lovely to walk around but not much shopping was done here! From here we made our way to the KL Tower which again offers amazing views of the city.

We also did the obligatory bus tour around the city - which ended up being a great idea as it rained most of the day here yesterday ! KL itself is not that big and the tour gave us a chance to see some different areas in the city. We also went to the KL aquaria which was amazing - at one stage you get to stand on a travellator and pass through a tunnel with sharks and mantra ray's swimming above you. We also managed to find Nemo and some of his friends !

We have had some great meals in KL - there is such a wide variety of food outlets ! Last night we made our way to Chinatown which was brilliant. The main focus is on one street which is covered in and consists of lots of stalls and food outlets. The shopping was brilliant and some knock off dvd's and handbags were purchased !

This morning we explored the KL birdpark but unfortunately this didnt last too long as the mozzie's started to eat Michelle alive!

We are setting up camp in Finnegan's Irish pub tomorrow for the match - it kicks off at 10. 55 pm local Malaysian time and between this and St. Patrick's Day celebrations which are also taking place here tomorrow it should be a long night.

We do however have to be up early on Sunday as we are catching the 830am bus to Singapore. We will celebrate St. Patrick's Day here before flying out to Aus on Wednesday night.


Additional photos below
Photos: 38, Displayed: 24


Advertisement

Petronas Towers Petronas Towers
Petronas Towers

with a tunnel in the sky !!
The massive mall at the foot of the towers The massive mall at the foot of the towers
The massive mall at the foot of the towers

it looks so small beside them


14th March 2008

Its a Toucan!!!!
Heres a random piece of information i have learned since becomin a teacher......the guinness bird is called a toucan!! ;-)
5th April 2008

just checkin in with favourite travellers. shark pics kinda scary . hey yeah were at the towers catherine zeta jones and the love of my life sean connory were at in entrapment

Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 9; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0494s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb