Sweat and the City


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Wilayah Persekutuan » Kuala Lumpur
September 7th 2005
Published: September 10th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Into KL at 6am... damn another of those missing days, too late to check in, too early to have had a decent nights sleep, 4 hours bus sleep and wandering around the hostels looking for a place to stay - so again the usual, take the first place that has a sofa spare. Eventually I checked in to the Pudu Hostel, windowless dorm rooms, but a friendly vibe and air-conditioning, probably essential for breathing during the night.

Kuala Lumpur bustles, monument to a Tiger Economy. National sport, shopping, national stadium, the golden triangle Kuala Lumpur. In the market for a waterproof housing and a small digital camera I spent the first few days searching the malls for a suitable model and price, more research on the Internet, confirming the quotes as really great prices, and the camera as a great one, I hit the cash points. I'm now the proud new owner of a Canon Ixus 700, 7.1mp, and about the size of a packet of cigarettes. Waterproof housing suitable to 40m, all set for the diving that I've been planning since the start of the trip.

Mission accomplished and back to being a tourist. The M??? communications tower,
Communications TowerCommunications TowerCommunications Tower

Need to find the name for this... begins with an M...
421m and views of the city, the Petronas Towers 451m, symbol of the development of Malaysia. The Batu Caves, Butterfly Parks, and Rat Races.

The Rat Race - Every year to raise money for the Bethany Home the office workers of KL run long distance around the steaming city streets, in suits, some with laptops, all sweating as if in a sauna. The Bethany Home is a home and school for disabled Malaysian children, so it's all in a good cause.



Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement

The Rat RaceThe Rat Race
The Rat Race

To help out Bethany Home
Hawk MothHawk Moth
Hawk Moth

from the Butterfly Park
Butterfly 1Butterfly 1
Butterfly 1

from the Butterfly Park
Butterfly 2Butterfly 2
Butterfly 2

from the Butterfly Park
Butterfly 3Butterfly 3
Butterfly 3

from the Butterfly Park... enjoying the natural isotonic drink.


10th September 2005

Menara
I think the name you are looking for is Menara Kuala Lumpur. The word actually means tower. Imagine that. Nice obligatory shots of Petronas Towers btw! ;-) Glad to see you on the road again buddy... just remember when you run into one of us: and I was all, and she was like, and I was like, and I did this country and that one... hehehe
9th January 2007

Name of this Tower
ts realy a wonderful topics and photos. The name of this tower is Menara Tower. Menara mainly refers to Mousque's Towers since Malaysia is a Muslim country.

Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 11; qc: 37; dbt: 0.0509s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb