A great last evening before saying goodbye to KL


Advertisement
Published: April 2nd 2014
Edit Blog Post

Our flight out of Kuala Lumpur required us to be up at 3 Am to catch a taxi to the airport for our flight to Vietnam. As such, we elected to return to the hotel early and get a good nights sleep. We still had to pack our suitcases and our hotel room looked like a scene from " Hoarders". After walking all day in the heat we decided that we would pop into a small local shopping plaza just a couple blocks from our hotel and have a quick snack and a cold beer. What followed was admittedly our best night in KL!

A tiny little bar called Cathy's Pub welcomed us and there was only 1 other patron in the bar and the proprietor/ bartender . I think the place only had about 15 seats. The bartender's name was Mike and he was an Asian man of 65, extremely friendly and hospitable. He quickly introduced us to the other patron who was a Welsh oil and gas veteran expat who sporadically lived in KL and worked on the offshore platforms of Kuala Terenganu. After our 1st beer was almost empty the 4:30 rains began, making our trek back to the hotel a poor idea. Several other expats filtered in and we all sat at the bar sharing stories and had a fantastic evening. The Pub was somewhat of a favorite for local expats and most of the people we were with were fairly regular patrons and all knew each other quite well. By the time we left it was about 10:30, leaving little time for sleep and preparation for our early morning to come.

It was agreed that although we had a great time and wish we would have discovered Kathy's earlier in our visit to KL, it was probably better that we hadn't........otherwise we would have spent way to much time in there and missed out on everything else. Thanks Malcolm, Mike, Joseph, and Andre for the good times, hope to see you again sometime!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



3rd April 2014

Sounds like a pretty amazing day for you both! I'm loving this blog!

Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0406s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb