Kuala Lumpur


Advertisement
Published: July 25th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We are now in Kuala Lumpur as you might have guessed from the title.

We spent 3 days in Ko Samui which we both fell in love with. It was lovely, a combination of the lovely weather, gorgeous beach and laidback vibe of eating meals or having drinks on big bean bags on the beach. All in all it was our favourite island out of the three and our guest house was lovely too.

We then caught a ferry to Surat Thani and stayed cheaply in a resort with its own swimming pool, massive rooms with air con and free breakfast all for just a little bit more money then our standard guest houses. This was only a stopoff however as we had a flight the next morning to Kuala Lumpur.

Kuala Lumpur is manic and a bit stressful compared to the lush beaches we had been on previously. When you ask for directions no one seems to know where anything is and when they know where it is they cant describe how to get there. A classic was a sign pointing to a guesthouse saying 20m straight down a road when in fact it was about 200 with a right turn involved as well. Helpful. We have however applied for our long stay Indonesian Visa's which we are due to pick up tomorrow at 2, so if all goes well we will be leaving here as soon as possible. One the plus side everything is cheap here (apart from the visa), so have spent time shopping in Chinatown and went up a 262m building called the Menara Kuala Lumpur to get a nice view.

We are flying to Balkipapan in 2 days time where we will be hopefully diving and hanging out with Orangutans, but we will keep you updated.

Hope everyone is well and i hear England has nice weather at last! So enjoy. Catch you in a bit


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



5th August 2012

Greeting from Reading
Hi Toby, Great to read your blog and hope all is going well. I retired last Tues so will be off soon! Love Steve

Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0423s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb