Kuala Lumpur / Cameron Highlands


Advertisement
Published: March 13th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Our next stop was Kuala Lumpur. Its pretty crowded there and there are LOADS of tall buildings and shopping malls so if that's your thing you should check it out. We liked that our hostel was really alive, especially the wires sticking out of the wall in our room.

It didn't take long for us to resort to the 7/11 vodka. Nothing is getting in the way of romance and class on this trip! Feeling a little worse for wear we went out on the town. Not the cheapest place in the world, but it's pretty lively and they seem to have an unhealthy obsession with live music in bars...and men dressed up as female prostitutes, they are pretty damn big on that over there. To be fair some of them offer very competitive prices. Oh and we stole 3 beers from our hostel for the whole "live wires" thing. We thought that was fair.

Seriously though, some of the sights are amazing and the local food is all really nice and much cheaper than any of the fast food places.



Our next step was the Cameron Highlands, a place North-East of Kuala Lumpur. It's a really chilled out place with loads of hiking trails and tea plantations. We decided to go on one of the trails. It was some next level hard shit! We didn't realise that 'trail' meant '6 inch wide section of very unstable hilly ground'. Either way we carried on. I saw a snake as well. I almost went to the toilet in my pants but luckily it went away. After finishing the trail we went to the local tea factory. I don't even like tea but this was really nice! Well worth the walk getting there. We managed to hitch a lift part of the way home which was pretty cool.


Additional photos below
Photos: 31, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0384s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb