Kuala Lumpur!


Advertisement
Published: June 15th 2010
Edit Blog Post

we arrived! we arrived! we arrived!

just incredibly happy to be off the plane!
hello everyone, we are having a brilliant times, heres an update of what we have been up to:

sunday night - Went for tea at a chinese street restaurant near our hotel, then went for a drink at the aptly named tiger bar which had one pumpm serving tiger beer and that was it. One drink and then we were ready for bed.

Monday - Slept well, got up about ten, went to find some breakfast and ate at first cup cafe which seemed quite appropriate (hannah discovered that soft boiled eggs, can be very soft indeed, otherwise known as raw!) but we had some toast and beans and some free coffe. We found a mac shop (jess always does seem to be drawn to them on arrival anywhere as her long suffering parents know) looked in, realised it was definitely not budget friendly so made a swift exit. We then went to zara, realised the same and planned to visit the markets that evening to find some bargains! So after this our day was taken up by sightseeing on the hop on hop off bus (shameless tourists). It was really good because we got to see everything, we went to the orchid gardens and a lake and the Kl tower for a photo op. We learnt a few culinary lessons along the way, in malaysia sweetcorn and bananna seem to be confused, which can really ruin a crisp sandwich, similarly a cheese cracker is a suitable replacement for a chocolate flake in an ice cream! In the evening we went to china town (on a free shuttle bus we persevered to find) and ate some tasty food in the market before finding some bargains and then going for a beer where we bumped into a girl hannah knew from home so we had a chat with them before we got a taxi back to our hotel and to bed.

Tuesday - We had a 24 hour bus pass, so we got back on and had a photostop at the national palace, which is like malaysias buckingham palace. Then we went to the national museum which was very interesting. Pretty tired this afternoon so we came back and went to the pool for some sun.

Tonight we are going to a grilled fish restaurant we saw in the taxi last night just near our hotel and then tomorrow we are up early to go to the petronas towers. We are flying out on thursday so we will try and put some pictures on then but we dont havt time because we need to get ready to go for tea!

love to everyone, hope englands not to cold and rainy!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

foot nibbling fish! foot nibbling fish!
foot nibbling fish!

we went to the central market and did the thing where you put your feet in a pool of little fish and they eat the dead skin off them, disgusting but they were very soft after. it was the most ticklish thing in the world and the woman took this picture because she thought our screaming was very funny indeed


16th June 2010
we arrived!

GRANDMA'S COMMENTS!!
Lovely photos, glad you are having a lovely time, hope it continues. Really nice to see the pictures - especially the fish. Very impressed with how good you both looked after 13 hours on a plane. Be careful, love you. Grandma Hilda. x x
18th June 2010

anmegi2now
You probably realise by now that your travels are making their way around various oldies and extra's - this is megi, as in joy's mate into our 50th year now .... golden anniversary or something like that. Anyway just to say I've cracked the code now to follow what you're up to, am very jealous and very interested cos i only got into KL for about 20 minutes between flights and panicked and went almost straight back to the airport ... never saw so much as a nibblin fish .... anyway HAVE A GREAT, GREAT TIME ... you lucky things ...!!!
19th June 2010

Fantastic - lucky girls!!
Hi Jess and Hannah, Just been reading the blog and looking at the photos - it looks fantastic and you are obviously having a great time. Thanks for the lovely birthday card - I loved it (I think I will get it framed!) and that was so sweet of you and Nicole = bless her. We are mad but happy. Can't wait for Portugal. Sally at the cinema in York - first major driving trip without me nagging her - she is loving it. Look forward to your next installment. Lots of love Jan and Tonyxxxx

Tot: 0.122s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 12; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0492s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb