Perhentian Islands


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Terengganu » Perhentian Kecil
July 25th 2007
Published: August 5th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Whatever you do, don't go to the Watercolours Impiani Resort on the small Perhentian Island. It’s terrible. You’ll do the place a favour if you keep away. It’ll give them some much needed time to teach the staff some service skills as well as giving them some time to maintain and update the shabby and dank accommodation and communial facilities. And the food, well the food is just amazing, if you like your food with ants. Just read the reviews on trip advisor this place is terrible we only booked it because we were desperate. Believe me you’ll be tearing your hair out trying to get away from the place.

Guess where we spent the first couple of days? #@!%#! After which we transferred to the Patani Beach at the other end of the beach. An instant wave of relief hits you as you can quickly tell there’s a big step up in both accommodation standard and staff friendliness.

Both Resorts share the same idyllic Beach with stunning views in the distance of the mountains on the mainland capped by Candy floss clouds. The waters are shallow and warm with tones of marine life swimming in and out of the coral just off the shore.

We spent our days lying on the beach, swimming in the water and eating some great home cooked meals. By the time we were due to travel to the bigger Island for a couple of nights at the more expensive Tuna Bay Resort we couldn’t bare to leave so we cancelled our plans and stayed put. Debbie and Hash are fantastic hosts, Hash is a magnificent cook (Ask for his Chilli Calamari. In the words of Peter Kay it’s a taste sensation), and Debbie for her attention to detail with the accommodation and whole upkeep of the place and for her friendliness and willingness to make your stay as perfect as you’d have hoped. We really had the best possible time and we’d recommend to anyone who wants a place in paradise where you can relax, swim, eat good food and wake up to the sound of the ocean then this is the place for you. But book early as there are only 5 bungalows and 1 house, all very well priced and very sort after. Every day we were there people were being turned away.

It really was sad to go. But go we must to Singapore, our final destination on our round the world trip.



Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



31st July 2007

Crazy
Nice to see you've had a haircut Benny boy! Was it 14 hours with your head in that position cause the bed was too small? Nice photo's and scripts by the way....

Tot: 0.131s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 34; qc: 112; dbt: 0.0936s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb