Background: During the late 18th and 19th centuries, Great Britain established colonies and protectorates in the area of current Malaysia; these were occupied by Japan from 1942 to 1945. In 1948, the British-ruled territories on the Malay Peninsula formed the Federation of Malaya, which became independent in 1957. Malaysia was formed in 1963 when the former British colonies of Singapore and the East Malaysian states of Sabah and Sarawak on the northern coast of Borneo joined the Federation. The first several years of the country's history were marred by Indonesian efforts to control Malaysia, Philippine claims to Sabah, and Singapore's secession from the Federation in 1965.
Photos from Kuala Terengganu
No Start a Travel Diary Free Travel Blog Site
Blogs from Kuala Terengganu
Latest Blogs from Kuala Terengganu
- September 12th 2013 Kuala Terengganu 2 days Cherating 3 days
by Words: 1263 Photos: 8
- May 18th 2013 Another glorious day in paradise
by Words: 809 Photos: 28
- May 14th 2011 The Islamic capital
by Words: 404 Photos: 0
- July 22nd 2010 Bilder aus Kuala Terengganu
by Words: 35 Photos: 32
- January 27th 2010 Conservative Kuala Terengganu
by Words: 809 Photos: 9
- November 20th 2009 HAKUNA MATATTA
by Words: 1039 Photos: 0
- August 19th 2009 East Coast Extravaganza...Kuala Terengganu, Cherating, Kuantan and Mersing to you and I!
by Words: 1669 Photos: 91
- March 25th 2009 Diving in paradise
by Words: 913 Photos: 0
- October 5th 2008 Time Stands Still in Terengganu
by Words: 2452 Photos: 0
- July 30th 2008 Des singe-riz!
by Words: 909 Photos: 18
- July 2nd 2008 Kuala Terengganu
by Words: 405 Photos: 8
- March 21st 2008 Kuala Terengganu & Around...
by Words: 566 Photos: 0
- March 30th 2007 Back to KL, then Kuala Terengganu
by Words: 629 Photos: 12
- September 24th 2006 Batik, Cultuer and A & E
by Words: 540 Photos: 0
- September 24th 2006 Smack - Owwwwwwwwwwwwwww!
by Words: 887 Photos: 4
- May 14th 2006 Kuala Terenganu, A local place for local people.
by Words: 762 Photos: 16
- June 6th 2001 A gift of a flower in Kuala Terengganu
by Words: 1721 Photos: 9