Kuching!


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Sarawak » Kuching
December 29th 2013
Published: January 9th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Sunset CruiseSunset CruiseSunset Cruise

Nic enjoying the cruise.
Another yummy breakfast with something to please each of us. Eggs to order for Wayne, traditional Vietnamese for me, pancakes for Nic and lots of fresh fruit for Tash including a little lime salads in shot glasses.

A city walk to replenish Tasha's Choki Choki supplies (tubes of chocolate goop that she apparently first discovered back home but can't get any more - she was very excited to find some yesterday in one of the supermarkets). We got some giant pretzels, booked a sunset cruise then after Starbucks Nic headed back to the hotel while Wayne Tasha and I went to the museums.

The private museum that charges for entry is not worth the time or money to see a few chunks of petrified wood in mouldy rooms.

The museum of Natural History and the Cultural/Ethnological museum that are connected by a pedestrian bridge over the road (Jalan Tun Abang Haji Openg) are both really good (displays, photos, films, life-size models of buildings and many artifacts) and also free. Having said that, there were a few oddities in each museum; like the Indigenous Australian exhibit.

At 5 we got on a boat for a cruise along the river that divides Kuching. Important places and buildings along the river were pointed out, snacks served and a small cultural dance performed. Due to river levels there were a few extra laps of the river and we kind of got to the 'is this ever going to end' point (pretty sure Nic was there about 7mins in). We walked back to the hotel along the waterfront and decided to try out the Pizza Hut on the corner. The 9 staff seemed pretty happy about this so we stayed even though half the things on the menu didn't exist.

Off to bed for an early flight tomorrow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0271s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb