Bako National Park


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Sarawak » Bako National Park
February 16th 2011
Published: February 17th 2011
Edit Blog Post

After arriving at the airport in Kuching, we were strolling along the waterfront, thats the promenade along the dirty brown river here. It was just an relaxed afternoon, with a bit of sightseeing, unfortunally most of the little shops were closed.
The next day we had very bad weather, but decided then still to go to Bako, an National-Park. In between two heavy showers we sat on an open boat with only a sunroof and got only a little wet...
Already on the way from the reception to our bungalow we could spot 3 Vipers. An experience my mum wouldn´t mind, if she had missed it ;-)
On the way to a lookoutpoint we could already spot some "Nasenaffen"! On the Nightwalk we saw a black scorpion, Treefrogs, a view big ugly Insects like Crickets (Heuschrecken), a flying Squirel (Flugeichhörnchen).
On the second day my dad and I did the "Liittle Loop Walk". It took us 3 !/2hours and was pretty exiting, up and down, stepping on treeroots so we idn´t get wet feed, while the footpath was like a little creek from that rain during the night. On a rock in a ittle creek we past, a scorpion was waiting for us, so that we couldt make our picture.








Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0533s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb