Danum Valley Nature Reserve


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Sabah
April 11th 2005
Published: April 22nd 2005
Edit Blog Post

On my way to Semporna I discover that I've missed the only bus from Sandakan for the day. So I have to go via Lahad Datu..no worries.
Meet this guy who is going to Danum Valley, he seems enthusiastic and knowledgeable so next thing I know Im off to Danum valley after we get to Lahad Datu - 30RM a night is within my budget for two nights (the bus only goes Mon, Wed,Fri)..except when we're well underway I discover that it's going to cost me 60RM/night!! I am not at all impressed and of course Im stuck with the decision. It also looks like I have a lonely traveller trying to attach himself to me like a hungry leech.....

No-one to blame but me, I should have asked more questions...make the best of it..

Get to Danum Valley around 5:30ish - this place really is in the middle of nowhere and to get to it you have to pass through a check point to travel on a logging road.By the way Sabah promotes itself as a nature tourisn destination but in actual fact only has 15% of its primary rainforest left - the rest is all oil palm plantation.

Settle in for the night - wanna get up early to catch the light for some good photographs.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0418s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb