Day 141-142: Semporna, Borneo


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Sabah » Semporna
June 19th 2009
Published: June 19th 2009
Edit Blog Post

June 15th


Talita woke feeling very queasy and Ferdi's cold wasn't getting much better. We felt a little used up and exhausted. Diving three times a day takes its toll and we're definitely not diving fit yet (yes, were surprised about that too). We felt we need a vacation from our trip. Maybe we're suffering from a bit of "Travel Fatigue".
😊
We were scheduled to go diving again but after a small breakfast, consisting only of fruit, Talita felt too sick and we canceled the dive. Scuba Junkie is amazingly flexible and we had no problem moving the dive to another day. We spent the morning indoors and later moved (again!) to another room. We'd had enough with the relentless shuffling (we're not a deck of cards after all) so Ferdi went to book us into a room at the Dragon Inn, a hotel built on the water near the Semporna harbour.

The rest of the afternoon was spent indoors drinking a lot of fruit juice, watching movies (some good ones and some total rubbish) on HBO and being generally lazy.

Today's highlights:
1. Flexible and understanding Scuba Junkie.

June 16th


We slept gloriously late. After breakfast we booked a dive for tomorrow and then moved to the Dragon Inn.

We got a really nice room and happily unpacked, making ourselves at home. The room is really comfortable with lots of hanging and packing space. The prices here is surprisingly good. We had thought that it would cost a lot, being built entirely on the water and all, but we were pleasantly surprised.

As we sat chatting we thought about what kind of sea creature we'd be. It was easy: Ferdi would be a Titan Triggerfish; grumpy, foul tempered and aggressive for no apparent reason. Talita would be a turtle; calm, peaceful and completely unfazed by the world around her. Well, they do say that opposites attract...
😱
After a late lunch we did a bit of shopping, then had a chill afternoon in our room. For dinner we checked out the restaurant here, but it was insanely expensive compared to other places, so we went elsewhere.

Today's highlights:
1. Moving into our nice room at the Dragon Inn.
2. Talita woke up feeling much better.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.374s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 22; qc: 161; dbt: 0.1925s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.5mb