Some pics of where we stayed in the mountains and we move on again!


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Sabah » Mount Kinabalu
August 16th 2010
Published: August 16th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We only stayed one night near Mount Kinabalu in a lovely setting called the Pine Resort. We had a nice little room overlooking the mountain. The area is very beautiful. We went for a walk around this morning and went to a war memorial in Kundasang which was for the British and Australian POWs who were held in Borneo by the Japanese.

This afternoon we took a bus to the East coast of Borneo. We basically had to stand at the side of the road and wave at the bus to get him to stop. I sat at the side of the road with an umbrella to protect myself from the midday sun. The journey took about 4 hours and I was very impressed by the bus as it was playing the movies "The Tooth Fairy" and then later Avatar! We are staying in a jungle resort called Paganakan in typical stilt house made of timber. Its really cool. We are now sat outside waiting for dinner being attacked by insects! You can hear the birds and insects somewhere out there. This has been such a great holiday. Tomorrow we are going to see the Orang utans yey.


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement



16th August 2010

Wonderful pics
Wonderful pics and so glad you are enjoying your holiday. Mum and John

Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0512s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb