Swimming at the bottom of the sea in Borneo


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Sabah » Kota Kinabalu
August 13th 2010
Published: August 14th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We are now in Borneo staying in Kota Kinabalu. We are getting the real backpacker experience here as we are staying in a budget hostel. Our room is like a prison cell but it only cost £6 per person so can't complain. All part of the fun.

We went by boat yesterday to one of the islands close by which is a national park (Tunku Abdul Rahman Marine Park) just off the coast of KK and had an all day scuba taster session. It was a bit nerve wracking but the experience was beyond expectation. We were diving next to lots of different types of coral and beautiful tropical fish. It was truely fantastic. The view from the bay was also beautiful. Looking out you wouldn't guess what lies beneath the sea.

The internet connection at the hostel isn't great so not sure if I will upload many pics today. We don't have any plans for today so I think we will have a chilled day looking around the town and markets. Tomorrow we are heading off to Kinabalu park where the largest mountain in South East Asia is located. We shall be looking at it from below however as the trek up there takes 2 - 3 days. Not my idea of fun! I am hoping to see some of the unusual looking Proboscis monkeys.


Additional photos below
Photos: 26, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



15th August 2010

Scuba Diving
Looks fabulous, Helen. You are very brave, I knew those swmming lessons when you were aged 4 would stand you in good stead one day. Nice too see you and Daniel enjoying your travels. Good photographs, mum x x x

Tot: 0.151s; Tpl: 0.025s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0533s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb