Cameron Highlands


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Pahang » Tanah Rata
August 9th 2011
Published: August 10th 2011
Edit Blog Post

It was a relatively short but bumpy drive up into the Cameron highlands. We checked in to a basic hostel with shared bathrooms. It was early evening by the time we made it out again and we went for a curry before booking a tour for the morning.

Starting at 8.30am we were taken in old Land rovers to the highest point in the Cameron highlands where the view was…. Not that great actually. Following this was a 40 minute light trek to the mossy forest which was pretty cool, everything is covered in bright green moss – they say it looks like the forest from Avatar on a really sunny day.

Next it was off to the Boh tea plantation and factory where we took a quick look at how they make the tea before trying it out for ourselves at the café. Mmmmm.

The final part of the tour was a look around the butterfly farm which included a load of big insects that the staff like to put on you!

We got dropped off at one of the strawberry farms where we picked our own to tale back to the hostel. We spent the afternoon relaxing and going out for dinner and the evening playing drinking games with other backpackers in our hostel.

The next day we did absolutely nothing worth writing about – in the evening we went out with the same group from our hostel for drinks despite our early morning bus to Kuala Lumpur!


Deb & Ang


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 46; dbt: 0.058s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb