Cheap as Chips


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Pahang » Kuala Tahan
June 17th 2010
Published: June 23rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Alarm was set for 8.15- we were both not amused. When we got to bus station at about 09:20 (hoping to catch the 10am bus) three was a bus already waiting to set off, so we jumped straight on. It only took a couple of hours and we amused ourselves by dozing and eating tuna crackers.

When we got off at Jerantut they were trying to herd us onto the 35RM ferry and 25RM bus but we've travelled too long to fall for that and hunted out the 7RM public bus 😊 It was a pretty hair raising journey in both the physical (all the windows were wide open to keep cool) and mental sense of the word. Only took an hour and half though. We'd decided to stay in dorms for cheapness and luckily Durian Chalets had a 6 bed dorm (10RM per person) with attached bathroom. It looks OK here, there's a river with some floating restaurants, a few mini marts and across the river is the National Park.

One of the first things we did was book a bus to the Perhentians (through Han travel) for 80RM. We hummed and aahed for a bit over the price but the other two options just seemed too poo- either we could catch the jungle train in the middle of the night or go via Kuantan. Felt better to have it sorted. Went on net for an hour, shared a computer though as it was a little pricey at 6RM an hour. We ate tea at one of the floating restaurants (Family restaurant) which seemed really popular. I had veg sweet and sour (loving this at the min) and Rob had Bandung noodles (veg and egg), tasty but we wished there had been double.

It's really hot here, burny hot and when we leave our GH we have a steep hill to combat to get into the main area- we're knackered by the time we get up this never mind trakking tomorrow :p Quiet and boring here on a night so we're just gonna try and catch up on some sleep. We're sharing our room with a Dutch girl who seems to sleep most of the time, a South Korean guy who is really smiley and friendly, although his English isn't too good Rob had a little chat with him this afternoon about travelling and 2 lads from the UK who we haven't talked to yet. Sometimes sharing dorms can feel a little bit uncomfortable....

p.s. Rob has realised he still has the room key for our hostel room in KL hahah



Advertisement



Tot: 0.163s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 66; dbt: 0.0892s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb