Christmas in the Cameron Highlands


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Pahang » Cameron Highlands » Tanah Rata
December 25th 2013
Published: January 2nd 2014
Edit Blog Post

Santa mustn't have got the memo that we cancelled Christmas and we all woke to goodies by our beds then quickly headed downstairs to the van to take us to the Cameron Highlands for the day (2-3hrs).

We stopped on the way for breakfast. Dunkin Donuts for most of us but Wayne chose a soup and giant chunk of meat.

Our first stop once in the highlands was a waterfall which was obviously a popular swimming hole for the local kids and our guide bought us all some banana fritters.

Then we visited an Oran Asli family who showed us their tiny house made from bamboo. 'Michael' showed us some target practice using a blow pipe and much to everyone's shock and surprise Wayne agreed to have a go and nailed it first go (the local were surprised by Wayne's accuracy whereas we were in shock that he would put the thing to his mouth, especially considering the coughing fit the guy using just had).

We followed that with a visit to a bee farm. The local bees are small and stingless. Tash stocked up on tubes of honey and we moved on.

A strawberry farm was next on the agenda. Lots of yummy looking food on offer but the cafe was really busy so we gave it a miss and the chocolate coated strawberries we did buy looked great but the choc they were dipped in was a yucky and sugary.

On to the Boh tea plantation for tea and scones and cake. The displays are interesting and the setting is beautiful. We had afternoon tea on a balcony overlooking the plantation. The tea was delicious.

Our final stop was The Rose Centre. Loads of flowering plants and some interesting art works with a nice walk to the top (Jesse counted the steps but I didn't write it down). We did lose Tash here for a little while but she got lots of nice pics.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

MichaelMichael
Michael

Oran Asli
Boh Tea plantationBoh Tea plantation
Boh Tea plantation

Look how much Nic is loving it.
P1010214P1010214
P1010214

Teasauruses like tea.


Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 59; dbt: 0.0667s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb