Melaka


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Melaka » Melaka City
March 21st 2009
Published: April 5th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in Melaka city late Friday night and found a guest house to stay at for the night. Melaka is an old Dutch colony in Malaysia that was overtaken by the British before Malaysia became independent, its almost like being in Europe, in Asia!! The next morning, we started sightseeing about our guesthouse, and quickly began a quest for breakfast. We were looking for the Geographer Cafe, which was recommended by Lonely Planet. Once we finally found it (and got some good sightseeing in on the way), it was just opening, but they let us in anyway. While we waited for the kitchen to open, we split a piece of banana chocolate cake, which was delicious! After breakfast, we did some shopping in the quaint shops around town, and did some sightseeing of all of the old buildings. We had a late lunch and desert, and headed back to Kuala Lumpur for the rest of our visit in Malaysia. I loved Melaka, all of the buildings were so amazing, its such a culturally diverse city! And so historical! It is a UN world heritage site, it was so cool!


Additional photos below
Photos: 28, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0482s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb