Back to the begining


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Melaka » Melaka City
December 10th 2005
Published: January 4th 2006
Edit Blog Post

After flying from Hanoi to Singapore we moved on up to Melaka in Malaysia for a few days.

This is a place with a 'multi-cultural' heritage it has in the past been occupied by the Portuguese, then the Dutch, then the British before being handed back to the locals. Hence there are many interesting buildings in Melaka. For us it was nice to get back to somewhere with some proper sun.

We wandered around the old town and had a good look at the crafts in Chinatown. Jason finally got a bongo drum that he had kept going on about. We then went to see the Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe for a pound each!! Bargain!

We went back to Singapore after Melaka and did some of the stuff we never got the time to do before, like Sentosa and the Singapore Night Safari. Also the Christmas lights are out in full in all the shopping mall which we enjoyed.

The night safari was interesting and had a very organised 'Disney' feel to it. The lighting around the park is low level so you can still see the animals. The best bit I found was a
Cheng Hoon Teng TempleCheng Hoon Teng TempleCheng Hoon Teng Temple

Out of all of SE Asia that we traveled through this had to be one of the loveliest temples we saw. Its Cheng Hoon Teng temple on Chinatown Melaka
flying squirrel enclosure. You get some really good views of these little critters flying around and crashing into trees.

Sentosa island is Singapore's resort island, we actually went here for 2 days. first day spending time around the attractions such as the underwater world which has a good touching pool. We got to touch sharks (only little ones) puffer fish and rays. They also have something called a Dungong which I've only ever heard of before. It' s this regions equivalent to a manatee. The highlight was seeing and getting to stoke a pink dolphin!! Yes they really are pink and do exist. See piccie. As we were in Singapore again we met up again with Abhi and went to Hooters (Jason's choice!)



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Hard work?Hard work?
Hard work?

Here's J kayaking on Sentosa Island
Pink DolphinPink Dolphin
Pink Dolphin

Here's the proof! It really is pink.
Abhi, J and a Hooters girl.Abhi, J and a Hooters girl.
Abhi, J and a Hooters girl.

I'm behind the camera and this is completely J's idea.
How farHow far
How far

How far are we from home!!
They're not realThey're not real
They're not real

These are the illuminated models outside the night safari in Singapore. Unfortunatly these are the only photos that came out from the visit.(it was too dark)
Singapore Christmas treeSingapore Christmas tree
Singapore Christmas tree

This is just one of the massive christmas trees in Singapore


20th January 2006

Stoking a Dolphin!
You'd get arrested for that in the UK!!!!

Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 65; dbt: 0.0573s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb