Out of India


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Langkawi
November 9th 2012
Published: November 9th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Sorry for the gap in entries! We have been travelling around a lot and not sleeping. We left India on the 7th, but not before we were on the set of a Bollywood film being taped. We couldn't believe how many people were involved in the production, absolutely insane.
We flew out of India at 11:30 p.m. on a three hour long flight into Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. With the time change we actually landed in Kuala Lumpur at 6:00 a.m. on the 8th. We had originally planned to get a hotel room and just sleep for a bit, but then decided that we didn't want to waste any of the little time we had in Kuala Lumpur. On only 3 hours of sleep we took the train from the airport into Kuala Lumpur to visit the Petronas Towers and do some shopping. Kuala Lumpur is very fancy and the shopping is incredible. We ended up only doing window shopping as all of the top designer stores in Kuala Lumpur were WAY out of our price range. Kuala Lumpur is a really cool place though and we definitely want to go back.

We did the 1 hour tour of the Petronas Towers. The tour takes you first to the 41st floor where the skywalk is located. The view from the 41st floor is incredible, you can see the entire city in all it's glory. When we arrived at the 41st the floor our tour guide informed us that the skywalk connecting the two buildings is not actually permanently connected to either building, it just kind of floats there and stays fliexible in case of a storm or earthquake. I didn't really consider this to be "good news" and had a hard time walking around as I believed at any minute we would be crashing to our deaths. I was only made more uncomfortable when I noticed a sign on the skywalk which read "The Petronas Towers and Co. are not responsible for any injury or death you may incur while participating in the Petronas Towers tour." Lovely.
After the 41st floor, the tour then continues to the 86th floor, which again was beautiful, but also terrifying. Definitely a great experience, I would highly recommend visiting the towers, the architecture is like nothing we've ever seen.

We made our way back to the Kuala Lumpur airport for 4:00 p.m. the same day to fly to Langkawi, Malaysia which is where we are now. The Kuala Lumpur airport was kind of a disaster and I'm pretty sure we could have just gotten on any plane to anywhere as people were just walking around on the tarmac aimlessly getting on and off of planes. A 180 degree difference from the airport in India where they checked our passports and boarding passes at least 9 times to make sure we were getting on the right plane.

Langkawi is absolutely paradise. The teal waters and deep green jungle are so beautiful. Today we went swimming in a waterfall with our new European friends Vee and Jake. I can't begin to describe the view, but it was definitely a once in a lifetime experience. There are actually naturally existing water slides here and we spent the afternoon swimming, tanning and sliding. I could definitely get used to this.

We are in Langkawi for a few more days. We rented a moped so we can drive around the island and explore a little bit more. Looking forward to it!

xoxo

Alexis

Advertisement



9th November 2012

Nice!!
Thanks for the update, Alexis. It sounds beautiful. Looking forward to seeing some photos! Keep enjoying your vacation!

Tot: 0.212s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0484s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb