Heading north...short R&R stop in Langkawi....


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Langkawi
April 15th 2012
Published: April 19th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Getting from Pulau Tenggol to Langkawi....takes some time, and some efforts....



First, we had an easy speed boat ride back to Dungun. We got dropped to the bus station to find out the next bus was only 30 minutes later...so far...so good. The "luxury" night bus is way more comfortable...but more important...way more....faster. We took 5 hours 30 minutes on the way in....and on our day-light return...with few stops...it was closer to 7 hours and 30 minutes. Still, it was a fun thing to pass by Cherating...one of my first backpacking stop...back to 1996! Finally we reached rainy KL!



We spent our night at the Meridien. We may have as well jump on another night bus, but actually, no thanks...a good bath, a nice suite is sometimes, just what we need! Once the kids were in bed, I also spent a nice evening with some old friends.



As usual...or actually as usual lately, we had to rise early....way earlier than the sun! Le Meridien is just above the express KLIA train, which brought us in due time to our breakfast at KLIA just before boarding our short flight to Langkawi...so long night bus ride, no thanks this time!



Tiffany, Leslie and I love Langkawi....the kids still rave about the Four Seasons...I loved the Datai...we enjoyed the Westin...and less the ageing Sheraton. But this time, it was to the Andaman, on the Datai Bay beach, actually right next door to the Datai.



The Andaman is 16 years old, not that easy in this hotel competitive world. We were greeted by the GM, Anne, and brought straight to our nice little suite. I loved how Anne explained to me that the Andaman may not compete to her younger sibblings....but at the same time, she knew she is running a hotel with a soul...and that...simply...a rarety...



Leslie and Tiffany simply abandonned me for the day...happy to be surrounded with other kids...I felt sorry for adults without kids. This place is for family...and only for families who loves their kids! The kids are technically invading the place...owning it. The swimming pool, the slide, it was their own...and they made it clear...loud...and clear...



Leslie and Tiffany had a blessed of a day. No diving, no activities....just making new friends all around....being kids and loving it. How can I not be happy with this (I read my travel magazines!). I would hate to be here for a full week....most of these people fly here from Europe, Australia and the Middle East...and than stop to move, stop to commute for a full week...or more...no thanks! A day was perfect for me, three days would have sound better for Leslie and Tiffany! But we had more adventures ahead of us.



Kids enjoy a great pool, they love the suite...but let's be honest...more adventures are fun too...



We had a bless at the Andaman, and will come back for sure. We actually only stay 24 hours, as next morning, it was already time to head north, getting on the speed boat to Koh Lipe.



The next blog is coming pretty soon. We are just out of...few other boats...but I still have a lot of pictures to simply download, and than to sort out.



Our next entry will be one of a kind....for the pictures for sure...but more important, for the people, for the fun we had.



We only live one, trust me, Leslie and Tiffany will remember these two weeks. I'm not sure they will remember the slide at the swimming pool of the Andaman...but that's ok...so far so good...Langkawi is a bless for them...I just wish we could have a direct flight from Bangkok to Langkawi...maybe...one day...



Next entry coming in a few days...an entry not to miss!


Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



19th April 2012
It's Saturday...I'm not in the office!

tu es comme tu es...
Et pendant ce temps nous bossons dur dur au jardin.... mais on est tellement heureux de voir tant de bonheur qu'il faut continuer !!!! même le lundi, mardi, mercredi...
20th April 2012
It's Saturday...I'm not in the office!

YAY!!! feet picture... nice!!! ;o)
20th April 2012

Nice to see those kids having fun!
Love this photo as it captured how much fun those 2 are having! [photo=6867324]

Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 15; qc: 36; dbt: 0.0477s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb