Cheeky little monkeys


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Langkawi
January 14th 2010
Published: January 14th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Got up late this morning, seem to be getting into a late to bed, late to rise regime! We decided to go on the island hopping tour in the afternoon. Kat and Jim also booked onto it. We got into a crammed little van to go to the port which luckily was only 1km away. The boat we were on was really cool, smacking off the waves and bobbing up and down spraying us all with water. We went first to swim in the Lake of the Pregnant Maiden. I jumped in and it was realllllly deep. Lovely and warm though it was quite knackering to keep yourself afloat! The island was full of cute monkeys, many of them carrying their babies. They were so non-shy and came really close with one of them even cheekily grabbing at my water bottle 😊 ! They were fantastic. Next we went to see the eagles being fed then to an uninhabited island, well uninhabited except for the masses of very cheeky, garbage rummaging monkeys that stole a bag of crisps from one of the women on our tour. It was so funny hearing her scream at the monkey. One of the smaller ones was running round with a coke can in his hand hahah! Felt knackered when we got back, this laid back lifestyle is making me virtually horizontal :p Spent the night playing the card game s***head (!) with Kat and Jim. Late on these 2 guys came in (that were staying at the hostel) equipped with guitars and played some Beatles and Oasis.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.18s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 62; dbt: 0.1062s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb