KL - Its so clean and efficient (oh hang on is that a rats tail?)


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Kuala Lumpur
May 18th 2010
Published: May 22nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Taxi picked us up at 06:30am, car was nice and he didn't beep! Got to airport and through departures without any problems. Ate 1/2 a pack of Ritz crackers each for brekkie and a bottle of water (hard times have hit, well more like airport prices were stoopidly high). Plane was on time and we were sat in a row of 3. Lady supposed to be in window seat had decided she'd prefer the aisle though so we had to climb over her (literally as she didn't move for us). We started to fill in our departure cards but she was Vietnamese and didn't understand a word of it so Rob filled in the bits he could for her......then she started to throw up, luckily she was prepared with a placca bag and a flannel and the flight was just over 3hrs.

We decided (being KL pro's) to get the bus then the train to our hotel instead of a taxi. Oh how we love spacious, clean Malaysian buses. It started chucking it down when we were on the bus and lightening but thankfully (and rather unusually) it hadn't reached Chinatown by the time we arrived and we managed to get into our hotel room without getting wet.

As it was nearing teatime we went to our beloved supermarket via the pharmacy I love 😊 This is when it decided to hoy it down and my god it was heavy. We sheltered for a while in front of a shop and watched the lightening which at one point struck the viewing tower!! It was amazing, all the roads turned into virtual rivers within 20mins. After a bit we made a run for it and got soaked (it was the last outing for Rob's pumps). We had good old tuna and salmon sarnies for tea with crisps, chinese cookies (still the best I've tasted), coke and fruit- a feast!

Watched Glee on t.v. and a film and we were glad to go to bed with no need to set an alarm.....then I heard scratching. Though I was already 99% sure what it was we turned on the light and sure enough there was a rats tail sticking through the air vent, oh and a couple of cockroaches climbing the walls just for good measure.....

Advertisement



Tot: 0.18s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 13; qc: 65; dbt: 0.0989s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb