Gua Musang Volunteer Cave Project


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Kelantan » Gua Musang
February 24th 2013
Published: February 24th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Friday evening we took the Train from KL Sentral to Gua Musang,a town and territory in Kelantan, Malaysia, some 13hrs from KL.

It is the largest district in Kelantan. The town lies on the railway line from Kota Bharu to Gemas.

Arriving in Gua Musang at around 9am on saturday we had breakfast and then had a briefing on the days work. They are trying to bring tourism to the caves here but need to get all the rubbish cleared from them first. Calling all volunteers....

After the briefing we set out in groups.The fire department, local police, local towns people and paramedics joined us volunteers too.

Me and Maher were with the group that were going into the caves and then climing to the peak.

We cleared 3 caves in total of all types of rubbish and then had a strenuous hike and rock climb - yes when I say rock climb I mean it! We used robes and everything! to the very peak. The views of the town and surrounding mountains were beautiful, but thank god for all the guys or we'd never have made it. It was tough work at times both going up and coming back down. There was a lot of rain whilst we were keeping dry in the cave, but it made the clay mud surface extremely slippery on the route down.

at the end of the day we went back to a local hotel to freshen up and have a rest before our 11hr train journey back to KL. Which is where I am now. All freshened up after a long hot shower, just need to get all my clothes washed, they are filthy and smell BAD!

All in all a good weekend off work.

Love to all xxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.155s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0879s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb