Day 18 - Macau


Advertisement
Macau's flag
Asia » Macau » Taipa Island
October 30th 2009
Published: November 2nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

This morning Pepsi and I flew to Macau and Justin flew back to London via BKK. The last thing Justin did when he saw him off was accidently break Pepsi's sunglasses. Pepsi was so sad the whole afternoon his $20 go-lo glasses were broken.

We landed in Macau at lunchtime and checked into the Grand Waldo hotel. It was nice to be back in a decent hotel where we could have a decent shower and relax. The day was quite relaxing and we played some blackjack and explored around the Cotai area. The Venetian is one of the biggest Casinos in the world and it was huge, very similar to the one in Vegas. The new City of Dreams complex was very impressive and we had prioirty tickets to the Bubble show there. The bubble show was done in a big dome with a 360 degree view.

After taking Cabs backwards and forwards (airport -> hotel and hotel -> other Casinos) we went back to have a buffet dinner at our hotel. We got there but it was booked out for a private function 😞 So we had to hop into another cab (5 in total for the day) and head back to the Venetian to find a buffet dinner. It cost us about $40 each but it was worth it. There was plenty of Sashimi, prawns, crab legs and other Asian food.

We both played perfect blackjack basic strategy but I had more luck than Pepsi. I won $1K for the day ($1K hong kong dollars) and Pepsi lost a bit.

Tomorrow we will look around the town and hit the Casinos at night. We will have another Buffet or 2 for sure!

Ripoff Tally - 11



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0318s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb