First entry (obviously)


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » West » Vientiane
May 7th 2006
Published: May 7th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Well folks the main reason I'm doing this is not because I'm an egotistical b#^!h but because I feel I may email you all and you might think “Oh Clare there she goes again banging on about her travels and to be honest I don't give a ...”

So if you are reading this you have to be interested 'cause you're here Yeah!


Well I'm in Laos which is lovely and has been the most hygienic and “normal” so far. The people aren’t trying to sell you stuff 24/7 and they are a lot more relaxed. We’ve met a lovely Swedish couple so we have just been riding bikes around the city together lovely! The journey here tho was a complete ‘mare!

Anyway we were staying in this fabbydoo hotel in Hoi An, Vietnam really posh, hot water and free toothbrushes! So we said to them we want to go to Laos please and they said “certainly madam it will be $25” (which is very expensive). “Ok is it an air con bus” “yes of course and you stay the night somewhere for free.”

Great so we get to the bus and it s packed to the brim limes and stuff on the roof. We end up being cramped (Joel and I are not as small as these little Asians) for 30 hours, not joking. No air-con, no room and very very swollen ankles.

Laos is a very mountainous country (why is she telling us this). Well of course our little bus was trying to go up steep hills but with all the limes, TVs and fatty westerners it couldn’t go up so we all had to get off and at one stage they wanted us to push. No thanks. We got a tow in the end.

Of course we read in our little bible to South East Asia about these scams where westerners are promised great buses but just end up on buses with Vietnamese importing stuff who don’t really treat westerners too well.

Mmmmmm sounds familiar …..




Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0345s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb