Vang Vieng


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » West » Vang Vieng
July 22nd 2009
Published: August 13th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Vang Vieng

If you are looking for a place to relax and do absolutely nothing this is the place. The first main activity available to help you waste away your day is lounging in a Friends bar eating or drinking while watching episode after episode of Friends (A few restaurants play Family Guy or South Park but the majority show Friends) Our first day there I think we watched at least 7 episodes of Friends, three while we ate lunch, and another four while we waited out the pouring rain that rolled in just as we finished eating. The second main activity is tubing down the Nam Song river. Basically they drive you a couple of kilometers up river and drop you off with a tube and you just float back to town, this takes a couple of hours as there are bars about every 100 meters or so where you can stop of for a drink. To add to the fun each bar also seems to have a trapeze on which you can swing out over the river and jump, the only challenge is trying to swim back against the current. We had a very relaxing ride until we arrived back to town and a bunch of kids ran out to help us in, but the little scam artists grabbed the tubes and wouldn’t give them back until we gave them a tip!

Cheers
Meagan & Tim



Additional photos below
Photos: 38, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Meagan found another puppyMeagan found another puppy
Meagan found another puppy

This one also liked her hair.
They serve Oveltin in restaurants???They serve Oveltin in restaurants???
They serve Oveltin in restaurants???

Oveltin everywhere! Hot! Cold! Ice! Shake! ???
Having a Beer Lao in a "Friends" BarHaving a Beer Lao in a "Friends" Bar
Having a Beer Lao in a "Friends" Bar

They play "Friends" from open till close.


14th August 2009

Hellllppp
We are all arguing here, as to where u guys are. Lovely, lovely place......but is it in Vietnam? Thailand? Oh, how we argue here. And do share with us how u got there. Thanks for d blog! Cheers!
14th August 2009

Vang Vieng - Laos
The photos where taken in Vang Vieng, Laos. A few hours north of Veintien, 6 hours south of Luang Prabang. Laos is great you have to visit it.
26th August 2009

Nice review!
Hey Tim and Meagan, I was in Vang Vieng last year, and can relate to your entry. Highly recommended reading, nice! Greetings from (currently) Indonesia, Ben

Tot: 0.16s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 29; qc: 122; dbt: 0.1244s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb