Vang Vieng


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » West » Vang Vieng
March 27th 2009
Published: March 31st 2009
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in Vang Vieng after a 5 hour bus trip, and were lucky enough to be dropped off at a nice and cheap hotel, and it had rooms!

Vang Vieng is known for 3 things, the Tubing down the river, with bars on ether side of you so ever few meters you stop and have a drink.... or as most people do, have a few drinks...... it ends up pretty messy by the end of the day. I cant say its the most OH&S complient activity! Drinking and swimming are not a great idea, and to add giant swings you jump off into the water....the rocky shallow water, its no wonder everyone is walking around in bandages.... But then again, the same happenes in Thailand with the scooters.

The Second Is the caves, with limestone cliffs surrounding the area, it makes for great caves, and streams running through some of these caves, even in the dry season, it is great to swim through the caves and explore! as long as you have a light with batteries that are going to last.... and a waterproof torch always helps!

The Third Activity to do in Vang Vieng is at every second bar, for some reason most bars have Friends playing...... From the time they open to the time they close. Its a great way too kill some time if you arnt feeling the best, and you just want to sit and relax for a few hours!

So after many hours of Friends, and some Family Guy, recovering after feeling a bit ill, we made a trip to the caves, and had a great time exploring them. And after someone told me that I couldnt go to Vang Vieng without going tubing, I did that too..... over all the best thing about Vang Vieng, wasnt the tubing, it was a bit boring really, and theres only so much Friends you can watch! As with most places Iv loved, its the people that make it great.

Advertisement



7th April 2009

Hey
You suck (only because I'm jealous). Sounds amazing. Keep having an awesome time!

Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.031s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb