WATER FIGHT!!!!!


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » West » Luang Prabang
April 17th 2012
Published: May 5th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Sabaidi pi mai!!

Happy Lao New Year!!

Between 13th-16th April Laos celebrates bringing in the new year with water which symbolises washing away last year bad luck and sins and to bring you good luck in the next year. It turns out that for 3 days the whole of Laos has a massive water fight, children and grannies alike! We both found the inner child in us and bought massive water guns and went to town!! The city was filled withg celebrations and wonderful atmosphere, all nationalities joined in and there was no escape during daylight hours . . . anyone want to pay our laundry bill!?

On the last day we were a bit fought out (and Paul had broke his gun, and robbed Rach's) so we decided to see the Kuang Si Waterfall. It was amazing, we had heard it was beautiful but we had seen so many during Thailand we thought we had seen the best, tough competition. Again we found the inner children in us and jumped off the rocks into the blue lagoons.

During the festivities we were able to make new friends and meet up with old friends from our travels. Great 3 days of playing!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



29th May 2012

Hi guys Sounds like you're still having an amazing time and I am still muchos jealous... updates on Oz please! What have you been upto? Where have you been? When are you going to China? xx

Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0426s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb