Pii mai!!!


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » West » Luang Prabang
April 20th 2007
Published: April 20th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hello!!!!

Pii mai means new year in Lao lenguage...it was my fourth new year celebration in 5 Months...isnt it funny?? Luang Prabang was in a continous party for about 3 days, they celebrate the buddhist new year with a water festival, which means water fight all day long! But they not only throw water... u can get also flour and some kind of cooking grease in your face...discusting!!
The first day, which is the last day of the old year, Laos peolple also clean their homes (to clean out bad spirits) and visit the temples. At the second day it was a market on the main street, where people went to eat and buy birds in cages, wearing their finest cothes. Then they went down to the banks of the Mekong to build sand stupas (temples). They prayed and they set free the caged birds. And of course we follow them and try to enjoy the celebration without disturbing. And now imagine all that but between water pistols and bowls, flour and the discusting grease!
I wasnt alone this time either :-), i got to know many people in the boat trip (i spend 2 entire days in aboat to get to Luang Prabang from Thailand!) and we hung around together in LP.
One day we went for a trip to a Waterfall not far away from LP, i was swimming again...and jumping again..jeje. It was so funny!
Im in Bombay right now and tonight im flying back home...im very looking forward too see my friends again and to sleep in my bed...!
But i guess this wont be the last time im writing, im want to write a short end-of-the-trip report next days!
Enjoy the picts and thanks again for the nices comments and messages!! Byyeeeeeeeee


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



20th April 2007

que lástima....
se nos terminan los viajes! Cuántas cosas pudimos compartir contigo y nos dejaron unas ganas de viajar...... Ahora te deseamos que regreses bien y llegues sanita y duermas bien en tu camita!
22nd April 2007

hey! ya mañana es tu cumple! y yo quiero ser la prime en felicitarte por eso me adelanto...ups creo q no, por q me parece q ahi ya es tu cumple, bueno igual te mando un gran beso y abrazo fuerte, ¡te queremos!
30th April 2007

Locaaaaaa?
No sabes como te envidio.. lo estas pasando genial como dicen las fotos y tus comentarios. Maiu segui disfrutando a full. tqm und komm gut nach hause. beso tu amiga nicole sp.
30th April 2007

Locaaaaaaaa?
No sabes como te envidio che. Como veo en tus fotos y puedo leer en tus berichte lo estas pasando genial. Segui disfrutando a full. tqm tu amiga Nicole sp.

Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0649s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb