Chilling in Savannakhet


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » South » Savannakhet
November 25th 2009
Published: November 26th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Savann


Our next stop was a massive push up north, after 10 hours on a local bus stopping at every possible place, buying every possible thing on sale on the sides of the road, we finally made it to Savannakhet.

Savannakhet is a border town to Thailand, we didn’t realise how close it was, right across the river. It was too much for G who has been waiting to go to Thailand for 8 odd years since her last planned trip got cancelled. But she has to wait until we’ve seen the rest of Laos before she can go, in the mean time we enjoyed strolling around the old town of Savannakhet. Once again you see old French Colonial buildings everywhere, unfortunately the government aren’t interested in restoring these beautiful buildings, so they are all pretty much falling apart. It was pretty much like Pakse with nothing much to do but a nicer feel to it. We spent our time here pottering around, eating and drinking. Our home for the 2 nights we were here was Leena Guesthouse for 80,000 kip (it just keeps going up) we had a massive double room, en-suite with HOT water and much to Tony’s delight a TV for his recuperation!!!



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.137s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 66; dbt: 0.0867s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb