Day 6 Pak Ben to Luang Prabang


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » North
February 23rd 2014
Published: February 27th 2014
Edit Blog Post

We woke up quite early to get to the long boat early for a good seat (the back is pretty noisy and bumpy). On the way down we stopped off at the street shops to get food for the journey. They all sell baguettes and croissants, I read in the lonely planet there is quite a big French influence on the food in Laos so there will be bakeries and a lot of street stalls selling baguettes.

We left Pak Ben at half 9 for a 9 hour long boat journey to Luang Prabang.

The boat journey was just as beautiful as the day before, we stopped off at a few villages to drop the local people off this time.

We finally arrived in Luang Prabang around 5 ish, from there we got a tuk tuk to the guesthouse we had booked online, villa merry 1. It was really nice, over looking the river, the air conditioning and massive power shower were much appreciated after our 3 day journey.

That evening we went out to explore a bit in the central town, the area was very pretty at night and a lot of restaurants and cafés. We went to the night market were the locals sold there handicraft, a lot of rolls of materials and clothes. Matt had his first Lao coffee with condensed milk, apparently nearly as good as a leche leche!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0463s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb