I need some kip!


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » North
December 22nd 2011
Published: December 22nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Well the last week has been pretty mental and non stop. We had a 2 day slow boat trip down the mekong river from Chiang Kong in Thailand to Luang Prabang in Laos. It was an absolute blast, the 1st day our boat was half empty so we basically had the run of it. Loads of beer in the sunshine, great people and spectacular scenery, couldn't ask for more. Day 2 was a little more crowded and after a bit of a standoff with the boat guys we eventually got on the boat.



Luang Prabang is a beautiful little city in Laos with a bustling night market, lovely french colonial architecture and a couple of nice temples. We managed to find a great little bar on the banks of the Mekong which was basically a shack and spent the afternoon having a few beers. We got chatting to some Aussie guys that were buying a boat from a local and planned to sail it for 2 days down the Mekong. Now the slow boats that go down there every day hit rocks all the time so we assumed these guys would be royally screwed considering they'd not even been on the river before. They were going to Vang Vieng as were we so it was intresting to see whether they got there or not!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0567s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb