Bishkek the Capital


Advertisement
Kyrgyzstan's flag
Asia » Kyrgyzstan » Bishkek
August 30th 2008
Published: September 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Saying GoodbyeSaying GoodbyeSaying Goodbye

At the Mexican Resturant in Bishkek - Lynn, Caroline, Lucy, Anna, Claire, Dave and Me
We drove for around 3hrs from Kochkor to Bishkek. It was strange coming into Bishkek as it was quite a built up town with a whole range of faces and body types. Far away from the Uighurs and the Han Chinese. We had lunch down at the German Beer House. The power was off (they turn it off for 6hrs every day) so we had a choice of different types of sausages and that was all. Sausage it was!

The hotel had a pool and it was really warm out so the rest of the afternoon was me teaching Lucy and Caroline Synchronised swimming and laughing a lot! That was pretty much how we spent time in Bishkek. We visited the Zum store - wandered around a bit. It was their National Day on the 31st of August but as a plane crashed in Bishkek a few weeks earlier they had cancelled the offical celebrations. So we ate lots, played in the pool, drank beer and laughed.

On the night of the 31st - Lynn,Lucy, Caroline and Anna (collectively the Brits) headed home. It was sad to say goodbye as we had lots of fun over the last 4 weeks.




Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.137s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 14; qc: 65; dbt: 0.0882s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb