Okinoerabu Island


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan
June 14th 2010
Published: June 18th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Okay, back on the boat now we are going to...Okinoerabu Island. 10 hours or so and this time we had a the room to ourselves for a few hours and to pass the time we build things out of the pillows, like real life Boom Blox 😊

After we were sea sick from standing up building massive structures, we went out and heated up our wonderfully not so tasty 1 dollar ramen, half way through our meal someone came up to us asking us where we were from. A bit of conversation later we now had a private tour with a local from Okinoerabu Island.

When we got off the boat he was kind enough to drop us off at our hotel to check in and came back a bit later to show us around the island. We went to some beaches, the larges Banyan tree on the island ( that happened to be located in a school yard) and a huge hole on the coal that when the tide is rough causes a massive explosive wave to shoot up looking like a blow hole.

The next day with just a few hours before our ferry he came back by and took us to the local fish market. Ther we met one of his friends who happened to own a dive shop, we ended up going out to dive and snorkel. While Brad dove I snorkeled with our new friend who was a spear fisher. While remarking at the beautiful fish I was also watching them being hunted...a bit sad but still overall a nice time.

After a short but busy stay, 2 PM rolled around. We said bye to our new friend and back headed to Kagoshima.



Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.568s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 62; dbt: 0.2879s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb