A magical land where dreams come true...Tokyo Disneyland!!


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Tokyo
August 7th 2006
Published: September 1st 2006
Edit Blog Post

Cheezu!Cheezu!Cheezu!

We love Disneyland!!!
I am in Japan!!! A long way from Adelaide, Australia, but here I am in Shizuoka for a year teaching at an English Kindergarten while seeing and experiencing as much of this crazy, mixed up, amazing country as I can!

It really is The Happiest Place on Earth!!!! Even the feeling yuk from chicken pox miraculously disappeared (unfortunately the spots did not) and we had one of the best days ever ever ever.

From the moment you walk in its like a fairytale world- a whole other land where everything, the food, the music, the vehicles, the uniforms is Disney and of course, because we were in Japan everything was super clean and the detail amazing.

It was hot- but of course the Disney people had thought of that and during Summer there is a special Minnie show that squirts people in front of the castle with water and Goofy's Water Fun which cruises around the park and sprays water everywhere. And a lot of the rides are inside, so nice and cool.

Marissa, Hiedi and I split from Mum and Dad and John and Pam for the first part of the day so we could be
On the trainOn the trainOn the train

I was sooooooo excited at this point!
super excited and run around wherever we wanted to- which is exactly what we did! We got our first Fast Pass- you swipe your entry ticket and get another ticket which tells you to come back between a certain time so you can get express entry. These were great and meant we didnt have to waste time lining up for 60-90 minutes but could go and do other stuff and then come back. Funny enough we saw the oldies as we were lining up for our first ride- It's a Small World so we took the Happiest Cruise in the World together.

Theres so much to say but I could go on forever so Ill try to condense! We took a spin on the teacups, got wet on Splash Mountain, whizzed through the universe on Space Mountain, got scared on Snow Whites Adventure, not scared in the Haunted Mansion, posed for photos with Pirates of the Carribean, danced with Pinnochio, took a Jungle Cruise, toured Toon Town, dined on Mickey shaped burgers and nuggets, saw One Man's Dream- a stage show featuring many Disney movies and characters and were amazed by the Electric Light Parade. Totally exhausted at the end of the day but really really really really happy.

Just go!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 52, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Our visitorsOur visitors
Our visitors

Its a great photo coz everyone looks funny in it!
The White RabbitThe White Rabbit
The White Rabbit

I'm late, I'm late for a very important date.
TinkerbellTinkerbell
Tinkerbell

Just a sprinkle of fairy dust and think happy thoughts and they will just lift you into the air!
DumboDumbo
Dumbo

But I be done seen about everything when I see an elephant fly
DisneylandDisneyland
Disneyland

Walt and Mickey and Cinderella's castle (I think this is where Walt's body is kept!)
Its a small world rideIts a small world ride
Its a small world ride

Its a world of laughter a world of tears its a world of hopes and a world of fears, theres so much that we share that its time were aware its a small world after all.
Happiest place on EarthHappiest place on Earth
Happiest place on Earth

Well these to certainly look happy!
Let's ride the teacups!!!Let's ride the teacups!!!
Let's ride the teacups!!!

Its a flashcard that we use at kindy!


1st September 2006

Just like being there,without the motion sickness... great report Ame. Cheers Lol
1st September 2006

I loved Disneyland almost as much as you did Amy!It is a small world after all and these photos make you seem not so far away. Thankyou
2nd September 2006

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GREAT SPOTS!!!!
5th September 2006

hi!!
Hi Amy I don't understand these blog things but the pictures are great. I loved Disneyland too...it is for adults not kids! Happy birthday!! Glad you are having such a great time. Much love Sheila
14th November 2006

nice legs

Tot: 0.397s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 20; qc: 125; dbt: 0.1411s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb