Toilets and Temples


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Tokyo
October 23rd 2011
Published: October 23rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Today was a lazy day...Matt went to work and Bill and I walked to the 100 yen store to pick up some cheap sunglasses, since we had left ours in Matt's car and didn't realize that we had the keys to get them out....It was a partly sunny day here, humid and in the mid 70s....

After the 100 yen store, we headed for the Tama River, but got side-tracked by a Halloween celebration, where a long street was closed off, and kids in costumes were walking with their parents. After taking some photos, we started off again, hoping to visit a Buddhist temple near the river. We found it easily and after visiting, went down to river to sit for awhile. We wandered through the quiet neighborhoods near the river, and eventually found a Shinto Temple, where we watched a ceremony for a few minutes.

We strolled back home, where we took it easy, while Matt made delicious fish tacos for us!

I've added a few toilet photos here.....both good and bad!


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

Shinto Priest conducting ceremonyShinto Priest conducting ceremony
Shinto Priest conducting ceremony

This was probably a blessing for the little girl who is in traditional dress.
Reflection in a street mirrorReflection in a street mirror
Reflection in a street mirror

The streets are very narrow and there is little or no visibility at corners, so these mirrors are everywhere.
Bad ToiletBad Toilet
Bad Toilet

My knees do not like these....hard to squat without holding on to something.....! This one was in a gas station, and was very clean.....
Good toiletGood toilet
Good toilet

This one has a heated seat, water rinse off, and other features I don't understand! The one I used at the airport had deodorizer and fake flushing sounds to disguise any you might make!


24th October 2011

Wonderful Blog
Lynn & Bill, What great descriptions and fotos!!!!! Thanks for taking your precious time to blog and send to us all. You appear to be over the sore throat/cold now. Stay healthy, even if way too pricey-Beer-$20! Apple $8---I'd have to learn to knit baby cloths too, if I lived there! Keep sending,Linda
24th October 2011

Great pics!!
Wow!!! It looks really amazing there, such a far away world. Thanks for sharing, keep them coming. Bon Voyages from Camille and I.

Tot: 0.563s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 33; qc: 118; dbt: 0.2564s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb