Disney Sea in Japan


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Tokyo
February 22nd 2006
Published: March 10th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Because today was such a nice day, we decided to go to Disney Sea. The park is beautiful as you can see from the pictures and every time you walk through a different part of the park, it feels as if you were transported to that part of the world. We saw Venice, New York, The Temples of Indiana Jones, the Arabian dwellings of Sinbad, and of course, Ariel's Mermaid Lagoon. We spent most of the day just walking around the park and watching the wonderful shows. We saw a show in "New York" that was reminiscent of Broadway and a show called 'Mystic Rythms' which is a tribal-rainforest theatrical show. We also saw a great show in the Mermaid Lagoon Theatre called 'Under the Sea'. This is the show that Melanie will debut in on March 7th, and even though she was not in this one, the show was amazing! Ariel is suspended by a harness as well as other characters, so that the audience has a feeling of being under the sea.

We were really lucky to have such a beautiful day, although the park was a little more crowded than usual. But, the park is probably crowded everyday because Japanese people are CRAZY about Disney. It is not uncommon to see adults and older teenagers dressed up in Mickey gear and little girls dressed like their favorite princess. All of the teenagers here wear Disney hats, ears, earmuffs, etc... and they carry gigantic bags of Disney memorablia. If a teen in the U.S. were to do the same, they would probably get beat up!

After walking around for awhile and nibbling on the various kinds of popcorn (they have a different flavor for each area...for example: sea salt popcorn for Mermaid Lagoon, and coconut popcorn for the Lost River Delta), we decided to have a quick bite to eat at The New York Deli. Here, the decor was that of the 20's and 30's and the food was ok, but definitely NOT as good as in New York City.

After dinner, we rushed to make a show called 'Rhythms of the World,' which is only at the park for a limited time. It was a great show to see, complete with drummers, dancers representing many different countries of the world, and all of the Disney characters. At the end of the night and right before the park closed, I was able to catch a beautiful show called Bravissimo...a love story between fire and water, as Melanie headed to her late-night rehearsal.

Overall the day was very fun...the park is beautiful and we can't wait to go again!!

Talk to everyone soon...
Love,
Larry & Melanie

Japanese for the day: kono chikaku no wa doko des ka tema paku? ("Where's the nearest theme park?")


Additional photos below
Photos: 28, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



10th March 2006

email!!!!
Melanie, please email me your email address! You have my albion address I am sure! :) It hasn't changed. Miss you! Oh, and Jason and I just put a bid on a house in Dearborn Heights yesterday...I'll keep you posted.

Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0226s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb