Tokyo


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Tokyo
October 2nd 2008
Published: November 7th 2008
Edit Blog Post

LANDED!!! That's the end of A380 ride. Japan: "Yokoso!!"

I'm tired but excited. But most importantly, must fill my hungry stomach before the limousine bus ride departed from Narita for Ikebukuro where our accommodation was situated. Not taking narita express this time coz we hadn't started using the Japan Rail (JR) Pass and, actually, bus was more convenient coz didn't have to manoeuvre the luggage across platforms, up and down stairs and crowded passage way at train station.

At late afternoon, we went to Asakusa (in search of a particular soft toy). Ha ha.. we weren't exactly there for the famous Kannon Temple. Going there at a different time of the day, I liked it better now. It was less crowded and the view at dusk was pretty charming. As we were a little too late that evening, temple and some shops in the shopping alley were closed for the day.



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

seaweed senbeiseaweed senbei
seaweed senbei

not from stove, couldn't miss it.
bean pastry with green tea jambean pastry with green tea jam
bean pastry with green tea jam

this was truly yummmmmy. deep-fried with tasty green tea filling. there were just too many selection for me to stomach. guess it's best consumed hot.
Dessert for the nightDessert for the night
Dessert for the night

what else, right...


Tot: 0.135s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.056s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb