UPDATE IN OSAKA 03.14.2011 Earthquake report from Osaka, Japan


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Osaka
March 14th 2011
Published: March 14th 2011
Edit Blog Post

As for today and the past two days, the Osaka Region was completely unaffected by the earthquake and tsunami that occurred several days ago up in north eastern Japan. Life has continued as per normal here with public transportation and stores open and running on schedule. I would recommend avoiding any unessential travel to Tokyo and the surrounding areas.

Here in Japan, we are only able to go by the news that is presented on the television and through other forms of mass media. From what I can tell, international news agencies throughout the world are getting updates of the situation at around the same speed as us here in Japan. For this reason, I am not able to give you much more of an update as to what is currently happening.

I sincerely hope that all of your family and friends who may have been in Japan are located safely.


Advertisement



15th March 2011

we are planing to visit teh followiny cities by the end of MAR, do you have any news about effect to those areas? Niseko, Nagoya, Takayama, Takamatsu, Osaka
15th March 2011

Osaka Report
I am only up to date in Osaka, and I cannot give you any other advice for travel to surrounding area in Japan. I would check your local travel agencies and the news reports for up to date info on those location. They would most likely be up to date. Good luck.

Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0572s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb