osaka!!


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Osaka
November 25th 2007
Published: November 25th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Arrived in osaka...(on our last bullet train this trip) and found that our attempt at budget accomodation turned out to be a little mansion of an apartment!! Osaka weekly Mansions are fantastic in our opinion!! so after a very busy few weeks we were feeling the stain and decided to take a little break in the touristy stuff for a day or two!! a little home cooking and a few drinks japaneese style were required...and that is what we had in our little mansion!!! Sightseeing recommenced on our last day!! we set off to find the Osaka Castle..which we did with relative ease. Twas a replica that has been turned into a museum...a tad boring for us im afraid!! next on the list was the Umeda Sky Building with its Floating Garden Observatory! Well, finding this place was a different matter entirely. It would help of course if you were walking towards the proper building!! We saw a massive sky scraper that WAS the image of our destination however after walking for over an hour we found that we were in fact at the opposte side of the city, so off we head again with the help of a nice Japaneese man and a whole 3 hours later we eventually arrive at the thing!! 39 stories high(not for the faint hearted the guide book said, but poor claire had her arm twisted) we had an amazing view of the city by night. however, i do question the japaneese definition of a garden.....a display of lights on the ground is what i saw, and not a daisy in sight!!! But it was fantastic!! Then for our last night in Japan we had Domino's for dinner in our little mansion!!!!
Caro

Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0389s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb