PDA in Japan


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Osaka » Osaka
March 28th 2012
Published: April 2nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

All the while Osaka plays second fiddle to New York City, the place we loved so dearly but left it for practical reasons. We can't help it,New York City was the backdrop of our love story. Me and my wife in a romantic and fun city, while being young and without parental responsibility, thats New York. While Osaka is a place where we toil and raised our children all on our own apart from our families. Sadly, our perception of Osaka falls victim to our new circumstances. But this time this change a bit.

We have been constantly checking the weather, days ahead our prenuptial photo shoot. The forecast changes slightly on a daily basis, but never on the good side. It was either cloudy, rainy, or partly sunny At this point, we are not counting on a perfect spring day, but will happily take the latter forecast. Our photoraphers, Jeff and Lisa arrived from Manila on the eve of our photo shoot. We informed them the rain and gloom forecast on the day of our shoot. Our sprits were a bit down when they suggested if we would rather have a day after the wedding shoot instead. Our wedding will be in two days, just the day after our planned prenup. A day after shoot wont be possible, as we have to entertain a lot of guests from my wife's hometown; and friends and family of mine from the Philippines. Before we part ways with Jeff and Lisa, they told us to bring two transparent umbrellas for tomorrow's shoot.

We started our day dragging my wife's luggage full of clothes in the rain. Met Jeff and Lisa at a cafe in the city, had our small chit chat and off they went to work. And being their subjects, so we also have to work and do the uncomfortable task of acting so deeply in love in a country that has an icky feel toward public display of affection.

We were such obedient subjects following our photographers' every instructions. Although, we were uncomfortable at first we wanted our prenuptial photo video to be beautiful for our wedding day. A special day which we worked so hard for the past 8 months. "Look her in the eye", "put your hands on top of her chest", "put your foreheads together","put your head on his shoulder", "now put your nose together and look each other in the eyes" etc. Never saw each other quite this close in such along time. So close that we realized both needed teeth cleaning and nose trimming pretty soon. But the most uncomfortable thing was the instruction to kiss each other. Not for us, but we are sure people who can see us will just be grossed out. We were no Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt and worst, we are in Japan. Who even hold hands in Japan?, except day care students out for a walk.

We visited three spots, for our prenuptial shoot. Yodoyobashi bridge, Shitennoji temple and Qs Mall. The mall was not included in the original itenerary, but we just wanted to get away from the constant drizzle and out of our coats. We are pretty getting tired of holding the umbrella too.

After 4 and a half hours, Jeff and Lisa wanted to shoot us more, but we still have stuff to do for tomorrow's big day. Lisa let us peek, around three shots taken on the day, and said everything will be a surprise on our wedding day.

Come our wedding day, both Rinka and myself, including our guests were in complete awe how dramatic and beautiful the shots turned out to be.The downpour, the overcast and the umbrella made such a dramatic impact. And the city, oh my, we do live in such a great and beautiful city. After the second time we viewed our photo video, Rinka told me, "this is our home, and its beautiful", to which I agreed.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



3rd April 2012

congratulations <3
beautiful photos Kuya Aris and very beautiful wife too ;)
3rd April 2012

Thanks Tinnie. There seemed to be a lot of really good wedding photographers back home.

Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0318s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb