w e H e A r T j a p a n


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Osaka » Osaka
February 21st 2010
Published: March 10th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Dotombori - OsakaDotombori - OsakaDotombori - Osaka

We dived straight in on our first night. Dinner with the locals at a tiny sushi bar near Dotombori. An old boy was so exicted about us being there (and so drunk) he shouted us sliced mango for dessert. So cute!
We get now why this place aint on the budget traveler route through Asia. Our bank accounts are now on the verge of self-destruction without any splurging or (excessive) shopping - but if you ask us, there isn't a place on earth we would have rather had that happen.

In two weeks, Japan had been magical, exciting, cool, entertaining and cultural in a completely different way than we've experienced so far on this trip.

So, in the interest of Zen and in the Japanese minimalist style, and cause there's just so damn much left to do in so little time, we wont rattle on. We will ask you respectfully to put on your favorite song right now, pour yourself an Asahi and flick through our pics in slide show mode... and try not to get too jealous. Wish you were here!


Additional photos below
Photos: 101, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Dobutsuen Mae, OsakaDobutsuen Mae, Osaka
Dobutsuen Mae, Osaka

This was on the door step of our hostel in Osaka. Heaps of restaurants and a great little supermarket that discouted all their Donburi and Sushi after 6.30pm. There were heaps of drunks and weirdos too but it was all part of the charm.
Osaka AquariumOsaka Aquarium
Osaka Aquarium

Probably the best aquarium in the world. This is one of their massive Whale Sharks at feeding time.
Osaka AquariumOsaka Aquarium
Osaka Aquarium

They had the most interesting and weird looking fish and the most beautiful Jelly Fish we've ever seen.
Osaka AquariumOsaka Aquarium
Osaka Aquarium

It was a couple of days before Valentines and the otters had ice love hearts to play with. SO Japanese!
Osaka AquariumOsaka Aquarium
Osaka Aquarium

Is it a dog? Is it a guinea pig? No! Its a... we're not sure. But we're not in China anymore so we can be sure it's not for dinner.
Japan RailJapan Rail
Japan Rail

Japanese trains are outstanding. Clean, empty and exceptionally comfy. On the way from Osaka to Tokyo.
Tsukiji Fish Market, TokyoTsukiji Fish Market, Tokyo
Tsukiji Fish Market, Tokyo

The auctions start at about 4am but by about 8 what's left over is on sale. 400 different types of seafood is available, from cavier and seaweed to 300kg tuna.
Tsukiji Fish Market, TokyoTsukiji Fish Market, Tokyo
Tsukiji Fish Market, Tokyo

Doesn't get any fresher than this. Bargain sashimi for breakfast.
Tsukiji Fish Market, TokyoTsukiji Fish Market, Tokyo
Tsukiji Fish Market, Tokyo

Enjoying the catch.
Tokyo TowerTokyo Tower
Tokyo Tower

Tokyo's answer to the Eiffel... who needs Paris?? Not this guy.
Sony Building, TokyoSony Building, Tokyo
Sony Building, Tokyo

Awesome displays of all the new and some not-yet-released Sony stuff. Even VV was interested. The 3D TVs were pretty cool.
Pub Cardinal, TokyoPub Cardinal, Tokyo
Pub Cardinal, Tokyo

Missing home. We stepped off the snowy streets of Tokyo and into a little slice of London for a Guinness.
Shibuya Crossing, TokyoShibuya Crossing, Tokyo
Shibuya Crossing, Tokyo

If Scarlet and Bill can do it, so can we.
The ShinkansenThe Shinkansen
The Shinkansen

God bless the JR pass. These trains are so quiet and the warmth and better than business class reclining seats just urge you to relax. The only problem is getting to your destination too soon.


19th March 2010

need some advice
First off- would you mind telling me how much money you spent in Japan? What time of year did you go? -and do you guys speak Japanese? Which places were a must? I plan on going this year, but I wanted some tips. Thanks-sara

Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0391s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb